MAINTENANCE COMMISSIONING TEAM LEADER
Active for close to 40 years and present in Canada and over 30 countries, The SM Group International Inc. is the most important scientific application society in Canada. Leader in engineering, scientific and technological integration, The SM Group International Inc offers sustainable, integrated and secure solutions in order to assure future generations a better quality of life.
Work Location: Alberta
To carry out pre-commissioning and commissioning activities. Plans, directs and supervises all Mechanical, Electrical, Machinery, Instrument Engineering and Maintenance system application Advisory service functions during the Project Commissioning. Provide technical input and ensures that all formal handover documentation (Engineering/Maintenance) and all required materials (spare parts and consumables) in accordance with planned maintenance schedule.
• Directs and supervises the activities of assigned personnel in the Project Maintenance Commissioning Department;
• Performs supervisory functions at the level established by Management;
• Plans, directs and supervises all Mechanical, Electrical, Machinery and Instrument maintenance on the Process equipment;
• Plans & directs "Technical Support functions" for Commissioning and subsequent Maintenance;
• Directs the Maintenance System Applications assistant in his duties of providing the Plant with a "Maintenance system applications Advisory service";
• Ensures that "Maintenance System" is continuously updated to reflect Plant requirements;
• Ensures Inspection and Maintenance planned schedule are specified and put in the SAP system;
• Provides comments on 'Modification' proposals & liaises as necessary for Project commissioning;
• Ensures that spare parts and the required materials are ordered in accordance with planned maintenance schedules;
• Supervises periodic reviews as required by Material Division;
• Reviews the work of contractors to ensure quality of workmanship, and compliance with specifications and engineering standards;
• Identifies training needs and consolidates the training and development plans for his subordinates;
• Coordinates the preparation of the annual budget and controls the Department’s expenditure on a continuous basis;
• Supervises engineering/execution of selected major maintenance schemes;
• Assures the safety of personnel and equipment through compliance with occupational safety and health regulations and maintains the attitude that all accidents are preventable;
• Performs other similar or related duties as required, such as preparing reports, etc;
• Represents in Project HAZOP/Safety review, design audits as part of multi-disciplinary team;
• Represents in vendor acceptance tests and comments on shortfalls;
• Reviews commissioning procedures and acceptance of equipment from Project contractor as client representative;
• Review and comment on proposed field design changes. Provide inputs for variation requests submitted by contractor;
• Make recommendations for system maintainability, reliability improvement;
• Review equipment spare part recommendations and prepare interchangeability charts;
• Review reliability based maintenance program for all plant equipment based on vendor inputs and own experience;
• Prepare weekly/monthly progress reports;
• Has continuous contact with other Departmental Heads in the Projects, Plant Maintenance, Operations and Materials Divisions for general coordination of maintenance work. Outside contacts are mainly with Consultants, local and foreign contractors & equipment manufacturers for procurement of materials and various support services.
• B.Sc., in engineering or equivalent qualification in a relevant engineering discipline;
• 15 Year's diversified Engineering and Maintenance experience in the Oil & Gas, Petrochemical Industry, including at least 10 years’ Supervisory Experience;
• Very good knowledge of spoken and written English.