Active for close to 40 years and present in Canada and over 30 countries, The SM Group International Inc. is the most important scientific application society in Canada. Leader in engineering, scientific and technological integration, The SM Group International Inc offers sustainable, integrated and secure solutions in order to assure future generations a better quality of life.
Work Location: Alberta/British Columbia/Saskatchewan/Manitoba Locations
• Work closely with other engineers and our clients to complete conceptual and detailed design of onshore cross country pipelines in northern Canada and the United States;
• Generate technical reports
• Support calculations from conceptual through detailed engineering phases of pipeline project development;
• Prepare conceptual designs, cost estimates, economic justifications, project schedules, monitor costs and provide support during start-up and commissioning;
• Offer technical support for projects including the evaluation of technical solutions, RFP preparation, bid evaluation, preparation for gate reviews;
• Provide direction for day to day operation and maintenance support, pipeline system planning and optimization;
• Participate in process and energy efficiency studies, preventative / predictive maintenance, troubleshooting, problem analysis, equipment and technology evaluations;
• Identify optimization and operating cost reduction opportunities;
• Provide input into engineering specifications, standards, and procedures;
• Participate and support strategic plans and objectives;;
• Ensure that all applicable codes, standards and regulations are respected.
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering;
• Senior Engineer - Minimum 10 years’ experience of pipeline design experience working in downstream oil and gas;
• Intermediate Engineer - Minimum 5 years’ experience of pipeline design experience working in downstream oil and gas;
• Experience in the installation of pipelines;
• Experience in performing pipeline hydraulic studies and the producing of reports;
• Experience in Oil & Gas facility projects including some of the following areas: heavy oil facilities, well tie-ins, pipelines, compressor stations, and field gas processing facilities;
• Strong knowledge with codes (CSA Z662, ASME B31.3);
• P.Eng designation in Canada.
• Competitive salaries;
• Career and development opportunities;
• Continuing training;
• Stimulating work environment;
• International presence.